Wednesday, September 24, 2014

O My Gosh



The real title is:

O My Gosh, he's time traveling again and
he doesn't even understand Android.

> it's a bit about time travel >

Now,  I don't know when it really started, but certainly H.G. Wells is
important in this regard because he wrote " The Time Machine ".
But many stories have been written since then.  For me it's a truly
fascinating subject and I expect there will be more stories
and conversations in the future.

Now, I just want to talk about the subject from what I might call the Hawking
Paradigm.  First, I should say that I do not want to disrespect Dr. Hawking
since his work in connection with the theory and eventual discovery of
black holes is truly some of the most remarkable science of the 20th century.

In connection with time travel,  what I have been lead to believe is
that Dr. Hawking organized a party at Cambridge for time travelers.
Clearly this is like baiting bears with honey, because who would
skip a party at Cambridge.  Apparently no one showed, and I know
what that's like.   Anyway, this is a demonstration
that time travel is not possible.

However, if Dr. Hawking would reflect back on the event, I'm sure
he would be able to recall the details, why he decided to arrange it,
and perhaps many other particulars, so there is at least one time
traveler who was able to attend.   Now, you may say I'm mixing up
time travel and memory, because they are clearly distinct.

Come on, I would never do that!
  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home